Night for a Moondance


- Just keep smiling.

Friday was retarded. I can’t believe I stayed back from 1.20 all the way to 5.30 just for the stupid Cashflow meeting! Well, at least there was Yvonne to keep my company while I willed the time away. I played volley and basketball! Haha, but I didn’t bring P.E so I had to borrow a set of P.E kit from Jonathan. I hung out at the rock wall for about an hour, throwing rocks into the drain and watching people train. It was nice to just be doing nothing and wasting time for a change. Went out for dinner, which was a pretty last minute decision, with Ben, Daniel, Louis and Aaron. Haha, I can’t believe we actually explored Parkway, as if it was our first time there or something.

RAWR, there’s so much weekend homework. There’s 2 literature essays to do, house comm. speech to work on, economics market structure tutorial, econs test to study for and G.P comprehension. Hopefully by blogging today, I’ll be able to get something done tomorrow instead of sleeping the day away. House comm. speech, I think I’m already screwed. I honestly suck at making speeches, I mean I can speak to a huge group of people, but I can’t like make speeches in front of crowds. There’s a difference you know, even though I can’t really pinpoint it. There’s just so much to worry about, what to say, what if you’re not funny, what if you’re boring, what if it seems too scripted, what if you don’t show you’re sincere, what if you can’t answer the questions, what if you say the wrong thing, what if…

I shall work on my speech tomorrow, on top of all my other homework to be done. I realised something, besides my plan to mug from Monday to Friday and than slacking on the weekends, I also deprive myself of sleep on weekdays and sleep my ass off on weekends.

Life seems different now. I find it really BORING! I keep thinking back and reflecting on what last year was like. It seemed so much more fun and exciting as compared to this year. Is JC life really that different from IP? Well, I guess IP does have a few things that JC doesn’t have. We have helmsman and INDIEventure week and we have symposiums and our own open house to prepare for. JC life seems less jam-packed, which is supposed to be a good thing! And the strange thing is that, even though our timetables were more packed last year, it seemed that we went out more often last year than we did this year. The IRONY!!! I was reading my past entries and there seemed to be a lot of sleepovers and outings and other random stuff like plays, concerts etc that we went for to keep life less boring. Maybe it’s because I don’t exactly have a CCA now. Maybe it’s because volleyball seemed more fun last year when you actually got to do something. However, after the injury, I’ve been itching to play, maybe not train, but play volley. Perhaps absent does make the heart grow fonder. Which reminds me, volleyball season has started!

VJC vs PJC
25 – 11
25 - 18


We won! However, everyone was really nervous and stuff that day and the way that the main team was playing was slightly disappointing. Thankfully we were playing against one of the lousier teams. I just hope that we don’t get a sucky draw when we move on to the quarter finals. And maybe by some freak miracle, we can beat AJC next Wednesday. I’m can’t go for that match because I’ll be having physiotherapy! RAWR, I hope they do well.

Just for laughs.


-Look for the star of this picture. [Hint: front row]


farcical-rants - 11:06 pm - Saturday, April 21, 2007

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments: Post a Comment
Read about my past

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007