Sports Day


-I got bored while waiting for cheerleading practice to start. So I played around with Aaron's phone.

I’m starting to blog about events in a week instead of those in a day, which is probably because I’m really busy or worn-out from school. It’s strange to think of myself being like this because having an injured leg should make me really free since I don’t have to go for training anymore. However, I guess responsibilities with regards to Sports Day kept me in school till the wee hours, helping out with cheerleading and making the identities, decorations etc.

Okay, I can’t say that I did much for cheerleading because even when I was there, all I could do was just stand/sit around and occasionally give my opinion to people. I’m just thankful that I was able to be there to help in whatever way I could. I’m also thankful that my mom finally allowed me to stay back for cheerleading. She was on the verge of going berserk last week when I asked to stay back to help. Maybe it was the full moon, I don’t know.

VIDEOS from cheerleading.

Nicole and Mark.


Aaron (the one from 07S44) doing his flips.


Sports Day was fun on the whole. I mean getting the house to keep their spirits up in the pouring rain wasn’t exactly exhilarating. But watching people I know run their events, the cheerleading and the general highness of it all was good, even though this is my third year experiencing Sports Day.


-The mascots! SO NICE!




-Raraing the house.





Cheerleading was screwed up thanks to our school’s sucky P.A crew. Honestly, I think the school should have let Aquila do our routine once more. We ended up being fifth for Cheerleading, but an overall FIRST for Sports Day, so YAY!


-My phone camera SUCKS! If you can't see, it's KU GUA!


-Haha, I know I'm in Aquila, but this photo is priceless. X)


-Haha, whilst preparing for cheerleading. Attempting to achieve the grease look.

AQUILA CHEERLEADING







WE WON !!!





I had to rush off after cheerleading because I had an appointment at CGH to get a MRI scan. I’ve finally found out what MRI stands for. It means Magnetic Resonance Imaging. They made me change into the surgical robe which was of really poor quality. The Velcro wouldn’t stick and I felt somewhat exposed in it. I can’t believe I actually lied motionless for half an hour. The person in charge couldn’t stress enough the importance of me lying still because apparently even the slightest movement would cause the whole procedure to restart.



The only other major event that happened in the week was Arts Day. The theme: Arts in Reality. I managed to escape all the talks and workshops that had been organised for us by grabbing one of the tags that were meant for the people in Artery. I spent the rest of the morning with Yvonne and Darren in the concourse, watching the SAF band set up. There were some strange performances in the school which I really didn’t see how it was related to Arts Day. Things such as an ice cream vendor, cookies and cupcakes sale and fire eating. However, any excuse for a day off from school is fine by me, I ain’t complaining about having Arts Day again next year.


GRAFFITI ART





SAF BAND. (Hands down the best band there that day. The rest were ...)



FIRE EATING. (Not that impressive, really)





BELLY DANCING





Well, now that Sports Day is over, it means that house comm. nominees’ speech and voting is coming up soon. I’m really not confident at all about getting into house comm. even though I really want to. I guess all I can do now is just come up with a kick ass speech, get as many people as I can to vote for me (haha, shameless) and leave it up to fate. I’ve only come to realise how political things can be during the nominee stage. Maybe that’s why Juliana pulled up from Draco nominees last year. What with all the sucking up and fake-ness, I’m surprised at how well I’ve held my tongue. But I guess all the politics will be gone once you get in. Perhaps that’s when people reveal their true colours.

farcical-rants - 2:44 pm - Sunday, April 01, 2007

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments: Post a Comment
Read about my past

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007